Re: PSQLRC environment variable.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PSQLRC environment variable.
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> I just checked a few apps and I see they usually allow a global config
> file to be specified.  How about SYSPSQLRC that adds a system-wide psql
> config file to be read before the one in the home directory?

The ones I know of that allow such a thing generally hard-wire the
location of the global config file at build time, rather than taking it
from an environment variable.  The env var approach seems weird, and a
tad inefficient (since you'd have to put such an env var into the global
.profile, meaning it propagates into every single process ever launched
on your system).  Also I think we have at least one global config file
already for libpq, and its location is hard-wired.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: client side syntax error position (v3)
От: Claudio Natoli
Сообщение: misc patches (minor)