Re: pgsql: Define a separately configurable XLOG_BLCKSZ symbol for the page

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Define a separately configurable XLOG_BLCKSZ symbol for the page
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> This is a patch for write performance, but here theoretically decreases the
> read performance due to the possible setting of XLOG_BLCKSZ (say 512 as
> sector size, which is << BLCKSZ). It maybe avoidable by still using BLCKSZ
> or even more aggresive block size, but may also need some local tweak here.

(1) I really don't think we care that much about read performance on xlog.

(2) Buffering should be the kernel's problem, not ours.  Since we don't
specify O_DIRECT during reading, the kernel ought to be perfectly
capable of recognizing the opportunity for read-ahead on these fetches.

От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Define a separately configurable XLOG_BLCKSZ symbol for the page
От: h-saito@pgfoundry.org (User H-saito)
Сообщение: psqlodbc - psqlodbc: upgrade version 07.03.0262 of *nix.