Re: BUG #6166: configure from source fails with 'This platform is not thread-safe.' but was actually /tmp perms

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6166: configure from source fails with 'This platform is not thread-safe.' but was actually /tmp perms
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Alex Soto" <apsoto@gmail.com> writes:
> I was trying to build the 9.0.4 source tarball as the postgres user on a
> test machine.

> The configure step failed with the error:
> This platform is not thread-safe.  Check the file 'config.log' or compile
> and run src/test/thread/thread_test for the exact reason.
> Use --disable-thread-safety to disable thread safety.

> As I started looking through the log file I noticed that it failed to write
> to the /tmp directory.  Other configure steps had written to /var/tmp, but
> this step tried to write to /tmp for some reason.

> I fixed by correcting the permissions on the /tmp dir, but I thought the
> error message was a little misleading, so I thought I'd report the problem.

Hmm ... I can't find any explicit reference to either /tmp or /var/tmp
in our configure script.  It seems like this must be an artifact of your
compiler, or some other tool you're using.

От: "Alex Soto"
Сообщение: BUG #6166: configure from source fails with 'This platform is not thread-safe.' but was actually /tmp perms
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6166: configure from source fails with 'This platform is not thread-safe.' but was actually /tmp perms