BUG #18459: running pg_ctl.exe from inside a program running as a Windows service returns "error code 6"

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18459: running pg_ctl.exe from inside a program running as a Windows service returns "error code 6"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18459
Logged by:          Rick Frank
Email address:      rfrank@riministreet.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.3
Operating system:   Windows

We have a program written in Go that launches postgressql. Postgres starts
as a separate process, but under control of our program. This works fine
running the program interactively with our program in a folder under
“C:\Program Files”.  But Postgres won’t start when we run our program as a
Windows service, even if the postgres programs and database are in a
different folder.  If we have our program in any folder except “C:\Program
Files”, it works running as a service.

I tried with the service running under "Local System" and with a named
Administrator account; same error each time. I made sure that all users have
Full Control permissions to the folder where Postgres resides. Postgres
programs and data are in the same folder, in "C:\ProgramData" folder.

The program is using a Go package called embedded-postgres. That package
starts Postgres using pg_ctl.exe. Here is the error that pg_ctl.exe
returns:
     "pg_ctl: could not start server: error code 6"

I can’t find any info saying what this message means.  Any ideas what this
means?

От: Stepan Yankevych
Сообщение: RE: BUG #18458: SQL Error [XX000]: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0
От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae