BUG #18525: Boolean aggregate functions like EVERY/BOOL_AND should shortcut

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18525: Boolean aggregate functions like EVERY/BOOL_AND should shortcut
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18525
Logged by:          Mario
Email address:      blamario@protonmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.10
Operating system:   Linux

This is a feature request, not a bug strictly speaking. I'm working with a
query of the form

```
SELECT
  EVERY (field1 IS NULL) AS field1,
  EVERY (field2 IS NULL) AS field2,
  EVERY (field255 IS NULL) AS field255
FROM large_table
```

The goal is to establish if there are any columns that are always NULL, and
if so which ones. I was hoping that the EVERY aggregate functions would
_shortcut_ the aggregate as soon as a non-null value was encountered, and
furthermore that the SELECT statement would stop searching once all results
are established to be false. That's not happening: PostgreSQL takes two
hours to search through the entire long table, returning all false.

От: Kedar Joshi
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18478: uuid-ossp extension is not installed with PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: LibPQ doesn't say host=* translates to localhost