Re: System catalog documentation chapter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: System catalog documentation chapter
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 08:56:36PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> views.sgml is a pretty generic name for a chapter that just contains system
>> views.

> Yes, I struggled with that.  What made me choose "views" is that the
> current name was catalogs.sgml, not syscatalogs.sgml.  If is acceptable
> to use catalogs.sgml and sysviews.sgml?

"catalogs" isn't too confusable with user-defined objects, so I think
that name is fine --- and anyway it has decades of history so changing
it seems unwise.

We seem to have been trending towards less-abbreviated .sgml file names
over time, so personally I'd go for system-views.sgml.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: System catalog documentation chapter
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Extending outfuncs support to utility statements