Re: Should pg 11 use a lot more memory building an spgist index?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should pg 11 use a lot more memory building an spgist index?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> While reloading a database cluster to move from 10.5 to 11, I'm getting
> out of memory crashes that I did see when doing reloads on pg 10.
> The statement flagged in the log is this:
> 2018-10-23 16:44:34.815 CDT [126839] STATEMENT:  ALTER TABLE ONLY public.iplocation
>         ADD CONSTRAINT overlap EXCLUDE USING spgist (network WITH &&);

Hm, there's a fair amount of new code in SP-GIST in v11, so maybe you've
hit a memory leak in that.  Can you create a self-contained test case?

От: Jeremy Schneider
Сообщение: Re: Oracle vs PG
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Should pg 11 use a lot more memory building an spgist index?