Re: [HACKERS] acl problem in NetBSD/m68k

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] acl problem in NetBSD/m68k
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] acl problem in NetBSD/m68k  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> grant/revoke does not work in NetBSD/m68k. This is due to the wrong
> assumption that sizeof(AclItem) is equal to 8 in all platforms. I am
> going to fix this by replacing all occurrence of sizeof(AclItem) to
> ACLITEM_SIZE (newly defined as 8 in catalog/pg_type.h). See included
> patches. If there's no objection, I will commit them. Comments?

I do not like this patch at *all*.  Why is sizeof(AclItem) not the
correct thing to use?  Replacing it with a hardwired "8" seems like
a step backwards --- not to mention a direct contradiction of what
you claim the patch is doing.

Perhaps the real problem is that the AclItem struct definition needs
modification?  Or maybe we need a way to put a machine-dependent size
into the pg_type entry for type aclitem?  The latter seems like a
good thing to be able to do on general principles.