Re: BUG #4166: Alter table add column from PgAdminIII

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4166: Alter table add column from PgAdminIII
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Mike Gagnon" <mike.gagnon@bellnet.ca> writes:
> I used PGAdmin III to add a character varying column(400) length, not null
> default ''.  I get the column displayed in psql when I do a simple query
> like SELECT * from MyTable limit 1;

> When I try to do Update MyTable set NewColumn='something';   I get the error
> saying that the column doesn't exist....

I'm betting you have a case sensitivity problem.  Either you created the
column as "NewColumn" with quotes and are trying to reference it without
quotes, or vice versa.

От: "Heikki Linnakangas"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4166: Alter table add column from PgAdminIII
От: Wojciech Strzałka
Сообщение: Problem with TOAST tables when removing TOASTable column