Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?utf-8?Q?Paul_F=C3=B6rster?= <paul.foerster@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 23. Jul, 2020, at 12:37, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> gettext is not shipped by default with macOS, you will have to install it
>> separately via your favourite package manager or by building from source.

> But I am still wondering: mdfind spits out libintl.h without me installing the gettext library:
> paul@meerkat:~$ mdfind -name libintl.h
> /usr/local/include/libintl.h

Kind of looks like you *did* install gettext as Daniel suggested
(macOS proper would never put anything under /usr/local).  Maybe
you did not ask for that specifically, but installed some package
that requires it?

However, Apple's toolchain doesn't search /usr/local by default,
I believe.  You'll need to add something along the line of

    --with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libs=/usr/local/lib

to your configure command.

От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
От: Muhammad Usama
Сообщение: Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2