Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Keep in mind that parallel make only executes the rule commands in
> parallel, it does not cause the dependency analysis to be distributed.
> In order to satisfy a dependency graph you only need to process each node
> once, and parallelism doesn't change that.

Well, the proposed patch eliminates the issue for a single sub-make,
by artificially serializing the execution of these rules.  But I'm still
concerned about what happens when a sub-make running in a different
directory sees a dependency on parse.h.  There *is* distributed
dependency analysis when you think about that scenario.

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE RENAME fix
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs