Re: Connection specific information - Temporary table used

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Connection specific information - Temporary table used
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <alban@magproductions.nl> writes:
> pgsql.waldvogel@mac.com wrote:
>> The question: Is there any feature/technique that a) can create
>> temporary tables as in the SQL Standard defined

> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE, as per the SQL spec probably. PostgreSQL is
> pretty standards compliant, I'd be surprised if it isn't in this respect.

No, the spec actually does say that temp tables should work that way.
See the "compatibility" section of our CREATE TABLE reference page:

    The standard's definition of the behavior of temporary tables is
    widely ignored. PostgreSQL's behavior on this point is similar
    to that of several other SQL databases.

От: "codeWarrior"
Сообщение: Re: Recommend IDE for PG Development
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: cursors as table sources