Re: performance for insert / update

От Catalin Constantin
Тема Re: performance for insert / update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
this is my "schema" for the table with the "issue" !

# \d url_importance
                   Table "public.url_importance"
  Column   |       Type       |              Modifiers
-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------
 url_id    | bigint           | default nextval('url_id_seq'::text)
 links_in  | integer          | default 0
 links_out | integer          | default 0
 rank      | double precision | default 0
    "ak_url_id_key_url_impo" unique, btree (url_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "fk_url_impo_reference_url" FOREIGN KEY (url_id) REFERENCES url(url_id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE

based on this table i calculate the "rank" for each page and the
reupdate the table.

on update it takes QUITE a lot time to make the update.

basically i am updating just a number which sould not be that resource
consuming !

is upgrading to 8.X a "solution" in this case ?

p.s.: i am not updating anything except the rank column !

--
Catalin Constantin
Bounce Software