Re: pgsql: TAP tests: check for postmaster.pid anyway when "pg_ctl start" f

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: TAP tests: check for postmaster.pid anyway when "pg_ctl start" f
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Should we take the danger of postmaster dying without cleaning up the pid file
> and then another process reusing that pid serious? That obviously could make
> pg_ctl wait until timeout.

I'm under the impression that Unixen try not to recycle PIDs within
a short interval.  So I'm not that worried about this.  (Also, since
we treat EPERM like ESRCH, conflicting PIDs belonging to other user
IDs won't matter anyway.)

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: TAP tests: check for postmaster.pid anyway when "pg_ctl start" f
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.