FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)

От Ronan Dunklau
Тема FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)
Дата
Re: FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Le mardi 27 février 2024, 11:34:14 CET Ronan Dunklau a écrit :
> I suspected the FSM could be corrupted in some way but taking a look at it
> just after the errors have been triggered, the offending (non
> existing)blocks are just not present in the FSM either.

I think I may have missed something on my first look. On other affected
clusters, the FSM is definitely corrupted.  So it looks like we have an FSM
corruption bug on our hands.

The occurence of this bug happening makes it hard to reproduce,  but it's
definitely frequent enough we witnessed it on a dozen PostgreSQL clusters.

In our case, we need to repair the FSM. The instructions on the wiki do work,
but maybe we should add something like the attached patch (modeled after the
same feature in pg_visibility) to make it possible to repair the FSM
corruption online. What do you think about it ?

The investigation of the corruption is still ongoing.

Best regards,

--
Ronan Dunklau

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Facing issue in installing pg_cron extension in Postgresql 15
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: FSM Corruption (was: Could not read block at end of the relation)