Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
>> The problem with this is that it creates an ABI breakage.

> Is that actually a problem given that apps should link to the driver
> manager (which can dynamically load any version of any driver), not
> directly to the driver itself?

Hm, good point.  So the question then becomes whether the driver manager
is expecting this parameter to be int-sized or pointer-sized.

I took a quick look at the unixODBC sources (2.0.4 which is what I have
handy, I know it's a bit old) and got completely confused: I see the
parameter declared as SQLUINTEGER in some places and UDWORD in others.
Anyone know that code base well enough to be certain which place is
definitive?

От: Antoine
Сообщение: Re: network saturation
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup