Re: Problem with TOAST tables when removing TOASTable column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with TOAST tables when removing TOASTable column
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Wojciech Strzałka <wstrzalka@gmail.com> writes:
> In my opinion the fact that dropping column doesn't release it's toastable resources is a bug.

To make that happen would require (at least) a full table scan.  I think
most people are more interested in DROP COLUMN being a cheap operation
than in having the space be reclaimed quickly.

For a comparison point: large field values that don't happen to get
toasted don't vanish immediately, either.

От: "nicoanto"
Сообщение: BUG #4167: When generating UUID using UUID-OSSP module, UUIDs are not unique on Windows
От: Wojciech Strzałka
Сообщение: Re: Problem with TOAST tables when removing TOASTable column