Re: Deadlock while doing VACUUM and DROP

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deadlock while doing VACUUM and DROP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michal Merta <michal.merta@greycortex.com> writes:
> I encountered deadlock during DROP TABLE statement:

> 2018-10-23 14:49:55 CEST psql > ERROR:  deadlock detected
> 2018-10-23 14:49:55 CEST psql > DETAIL:  Process 89171 waits for
> AccessExclusiveLock on relation 17582 of database 16390; blocked by
> process 50837.
>   Process 50837 waits for AccessShareLock on relation 20767 of
> database 16390; blocked by process 89171.
>   Process 89171: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS sm.tasks;
>   Process 50837: autovacuum: ANALYZE sm.tasks

Hm, there's more to that than meets the eye, because the locks were on
two different tables.  Have you checked which tables are involved,
eg "select 20767::regclass"?

> Is there anything I can do make sure that DDL statement won't be
> canceled due to collision with autovaccum?

I suspect your DDL transaction was getting exclusive locks on multiple
tables.  That's always hazardous.  It might be easier to retry the
DDL than try to guarantee no deadlock.  Or break it up into separate
transactions for each table.

От: Michal Merta
Сообщение: Deadlock while doing VACUUM and DROP
От: Steve Clark
Сообщение: Re: no libpq.pc for Centos 6 or Centos 7