Re: cannot dump structures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cannot dump structures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?us-ascii?Q?Martin=20Korous?= <Mortals@seznam.cz> writes:
> and in pg_log is message:
> STATEMENT:  SELECT (SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesysid = datdba) as dba, pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) as
encoding,datpath FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'dbname'
> ERROR:  column "datpath" does not exist at character 113

You're running a 7.something pg_dump against an 8.something server.
This will not work because that pg_dump doesn't know about 8.x
catalog layout.

My advice is never, never, never use the -i option to pg_dump.
It is generally only useful for shooting yourself in the foot,
as is happening here.

> I know that this message means that pg_dump is old version, but its impossible, the pg_dump binary file is from
dbserver.

You need to reconsider "impossible".  Maybe your search path
isn't what you think it is.

От: "Alexander Staubo"
Сообщение: Re: Replication using WAL files
От: Ron St-Pierre
Сообщение: Re: how to redirect output to a file