Re: [SQL] Slow Inserts Again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] Slow Inserts Again
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>> Why _each_?
>> Enclose ALL statements by begin; & end; to insert ALL data
>> in SINGLE transaction:

But the transaction boundaries wouldn't have anything to do with
Frank's real problem, which is that the insertions are getting
slower and slower.  There's no good reason for that; and other
people are not reporting any comparable problems.  (Considering
that we *have* been getting trouble reports for more-than-2-gig
tables, it's clear that people are putting large amounts of data
into 6.5; so it's not like Frank is stressing the system more
than it has been before.)

Frank, what does the memory usage of the backend that's processing
this insertion look like; has it been growing steadily?  I'm wondering
whether you could have a problem with poor malloc behavior, or some
such.
        regards, tom lane