Re: [HACKERS] backend/frontend communication

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend/frontend communication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brett McCormick wrote:
>
> > the reason i'm writing this mail are twofold, one is: are the
> > developers interested in merging my input/output changes into the
> > distribution.  this has the benefit of making the io a little more
> > coherent, right now it seems sort of patched together, read/write
> > mixed with fread/fwrite, functions that do the same thing but take
> > different arguments, fread/fwrite in the actual code instead of
> > calling an appropriate function.  this seems like a good idea to me.
> > we could also define an interface for implementing transport layers,
> > so my patch could be an add-on module.
>
>     Go for it...I like the thought of simplifying the code, which this
> sounds like it will do.

I also encourge you to try and improve the handling of the variables
that you mentioned.  You can use ctags and mkid (see developers FAQ).
That makes it easy.  I have noticed the inconstency, where some were
passed, and others were global, and could not figure out what they were
all used for.

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend/frontend communication
От: Tom Good
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] mpsql