Re: [HACKERS] more on int8

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] more on int8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> owner-pgsql-hackers-digest@hub.org said:
> > > the long long int printf format in int8.h is %lld on AIX
> > This is on my list. %lld will work with gcc also, so since we don't
> > have very many reported successful ports for int8, we should just
> > change it for now.
>
> Tom,
>
> I tried the int8 type onder BSD/OS, running 6.3.2 (contrib/int8). There the
> %Ld type is unimplemented and %lld or %qd both work.

I have added %qd support for the 6.4 beta release last night.

> For BSD/OS 3.1, since DLSUFFIX is .o (static shared libraries), there is a
> circular dependence in the Makefile. This is resolved by commenting out (or
> ifdefing) the following segment:
>
> int8$(DLSUFFIX):       int8.o
>        $(CC) -shared -o int8$(DLSUFFIX) int8.o $(CLIBS)
>
> Under BSD/OS 4.0 this should not be neccesary, as it supports Linux style
> shared libraries.

I never saw this on BSDI 3.1.  Oh, this must be in the /contrib
directory.  That contrib is gone in 6.4, and merged into the main
backend.  I have added BSDI 4.0 support for the upcoming 6.4 release
next month.

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] open 6.4 items
От: David Hartwig
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] vlen in libpq using user defined data type