Updates/Deletes on class*

От Gemeinschaft Studienarbeit Datenbanken
Тема Updates/Deletes on class*
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

(yeah, its us again ;-)

(the background: we are doing a research work on ORDBMS and Postgres
is the only one *THERE* *working*. Thats why we have that many and
different questions which seem for a couple of people senseless (not
excluding ourselves, that is ;-) ).

ok, here we go again:

1) update Personen* set Name = 'LucasArts' where Name like '%LucasArts%';

  results in Parser Error near *.

2) <probably same reason>

   delete from Personen*;

  results in Parser Error near *.

AFAIK the documentation claims it should work (if I am not wrong here).
The question: are we using a wrong syntax or isn't it implemented (yet)?

Further

3) select producerid from producer where name like '%IBM%';

  yields the "8" as int4 as result.

   doing then a

   select name from game* where producerid = 8;

  yields all four resulting entries, three in class game itself, one in
  a child class of game.

  BUT:

   select name from game* where producerid = ( select producerid from producer
    where name like '%IBM%' );

  yields only *3* results, the three in class game itself, not in the child class.

  Why?

OK, thats all for now and once again thanks for the help we received sofar 8))

Greetings,