Re: [GENERAL] More information

От M Simms
Тема Re: [GENERAL] More information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the response. However, this is only part of the problem, and this
will not fix it.

I have done a vacuum, which seems to succede, but does not fix the error.

If I destroy the database, and recreate it, I get amcreate: relationship
already exists *as I create the tables for the first time in the
database* The database and tables are of the same name as the old
ones, of course, but the old ones *should be gone* but they arent.

Example:
*************************
$destroydb mydb
$destroydb mydb
ERROR:  destroydb: database mydb does not exist.
destroydb: database destroy failed on mydb.
$createdb mydb
$echo create table beep \( test int \)\; | psql mydb
create table beep ( test int );
ERROR:  amcreate: beep relation already exists
EOF
*************************

This means no matter what i do, I cannot even use the same database
name again!

Any further ideas would be *greatly* appreciated. Surely there has to
be something like a fsck for the database where it just does an
integrity check and asks you if something is an error, should it be
removed/fixed... ?

Thanks again

                    M Simms

От: Valerio Santinelli
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables
От: Statistical Solutions
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] More information