Re: [GENERAL] database-level locking

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: [GENERAL] database-level locking
Дата
Список pgsql-general
While both suggestions should work, I'd like another.

Locking each table one-by-one could be done, but some of these
databases are kept current by sliding unique (and arbitrarily) named
tables under a view with a fixed named that www selects from.  Of
course, I could generate a list of all tables, lock them one-by-one,
then clean, but it just seems there should be a simpler way.

As for modifying pg_hba.conf, we can do this securely in theory.  But
actually implementing a strategy of routinely modifying access on the
fly seems like a painful way to identify unknown security holes.

От: Marcin Grondecki
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with sum
От: Jeff Gerhart
Сообщение: 6.5 Beta Status