Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     Perl  language  is.  And  I  know that it's easy to integrate
>     anything into Perl. But after all, it's a  Perl  script  that
>     has the entire control.

I don't think so, but then again I'm only speculating. If the Apache
people can embed an entire Perl interpreter in their Web server,
shouldn't it be possible for PostgreSQL? Or maybe the Apache people are
REALLY REAL PROGRAMMERS? :-)

>     This  flexibility  requires  a  real  good  design   of   the
>     interpreters internals.  And that's what I'm addressing here.

As I said, I don't code C. I haven't got the time to learn it right
now, and not the time to learn PostgreSQL's internals. If my offer to
help with any Perl question I can help with is below your standards,
I'm sorry.

>     You aren't - you're a script writer and that's a today quiche
>     eater :-)

That remark shows that you know nothing about Perl. But it's okay; be
ignorant in your own little way ;-]

Btw. How do you define script writing as oposed to programming?

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem