Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The right fix would be to put in an appropriate selectivity estimator,
> but we can't do that as a 6.5.* patch because changing pg_operator
> requires an initdb.  It will have to wait for 6.6.  (One of my to-do
> items for 6.6 was to rewrite the selectivity estimators anyway, so I'll
> see what I can do.)  In the meantime, I think the only possible patch is
> to disable the error check in btreesel and have it return a default
> selectivity estimate instead of complaining.  Drat.
>
> Apparently, none of the regression tests exercise rtree indexes at all,
> else we'd have known there was a problem.  Adding an rtree regression test
> seems to be strongly indicated as well...

Sounds like a good fix.  Bypass the system tables, since we can't change
them,  and hard-wire a selectivity.

Pennsylvania19026

От: "Stupor Genius"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?