Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't like _arbitrary_ tuple size.  > I vote for some limit. 32K or 64K, at max.
      To  have  some  limit seems reasonable for me (I've also read      the other comments). When dealing with regular
tuples, first

Isn't anything other than arbitrary sizes just making us encounter the
same problem later.  Clearly, there are real hardware limits, but we
shouldn't build that into the code.  It seems to me the solution is to
have arbitrary (e.g., hardware driven) limits, document what is
necessary to support certain operations, and let the fanatics buy
mega-systems if they need to support huge tuples.  As long as the code
is optimized for more reasonable situations, there should be no
penalty.

Cheers,
Brook

От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: Regression Test fail to run if PLPGSQL in template1
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Mailing list volume