Two questions about join performance

От Roberto Moreda
Тема Two questions about join performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry for being so reiterative :)

The planifier isn't perfect for many queries...
Is there any way (without touch C code) to tell explicitly the plan of a query
to Postgres?

How can I manage the problem of select a few rows with a boolean atribute
when they are 5 rows in a table of 100000 rows?
I't must to be an index, but
the optimizer asumes that a Seq Scan is more cheap... yes, yes... I know :
if I ask for the 100000 then Seq Scan is the solution, but the interesting
query is the other : to extract the 5 rows with flag='Y' from whitin the
100000 rows with the flag='N'.

I'm in a big trouble because of all this.

TIA again.

    Roberto

--
Roberto Moreda
Resp. Dpto. Informática Handem/San Luis

От: Tim Stevens
Сообщение: table does not exist
От: "Rudy Gireyev"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Two questions about join performance