Re: [GENERAL] Question on confusing behavior

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Question on confusing behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>    Today, I told someone the syntax for "count" without thinking, and
> got it wrong - and in so doing, I found some interesting behavior.
>

> select count('table.fieldname');
>
> works.  however...
>
> select count('table.fieldname') where table.fieldname='something';

Using the table.field in single-quotes makes it a string, and that is a
strange query.

Legally, you can do:

    select count(*) where table.fieldname='something';
    select count(table.fieldname) where table.fieldname='something';

However, I see your point, and will add it to the TODO list:

    * SELECT COUNT('asdf') FROM pg_class WHERE oid=12 crashes

От: Steve Wolfe
Сообщение: Question on confusing behavior
От: "Ing. Arturo de la Torre"
Сообщение: help with connection to Web server