libpq on win32 & postgresql on linux

От Otavio Exel
Тема libpq on win32 & postgresql on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello list,

note: postgres-newbie here!

I have:
- a linux box with postgresql 6.3.2 installed;
- a win95 box with postgresql-win32-client-6.4.2 (from
  ftp://ftp.postgresql.org) installed;

the win32 client can't connect due to a backward-incompatible change in
the protocol; AFAIK I have 3 choices:

1. upgrade the postgresql on the linux box;
2. downgrade the win32 client on the win32 box;
3. use odbc;

but I'm facing the following problems when choosing among the 3 above
mentioned options:

1. the stable release of debian comes with 6.3.2 and I don't feel
   confortable enough to compile my own installation; I tried to install
   the package for the unstable version but it is not compatible;

2. the only port of win32-client available from ftp.postgresql.org is
   6.4.2; is there a postgresql-win32-client based of 6.3.2 somewhere?

3. I've never used odbc and I think of it as an unnecessary layer of
   complexity for my needs; am I wrong?

would someone please comment on my comments?

TIA for any help!

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ oexel@economatica.com.br

От: Howie
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Expiration date.
От: Mark Jewiss
Сообщение: \d command