Re: pgsql: Declare assorted array functions using anycompatible not anyelem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Declare assorted array functions using anycompatible not anyelem
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 11/4/20 4:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Declare assorted array functions using anycompatible not anyelement.

> This patch broke cross-version pg_upgrade testing.

Uh, yeah ... didn't you get my two prior messages about that?

> I have cured crake
> for the moment by having it execute this in the source database:

I think probably the right fix is just to change that test case to
use a different implementation function, per [1].  I'm holding off
pushing the fix till after this week's wraps, though.

> But I wonder if we really want to make it impossible to upgrade
> databases with aggregates that contain these functions?

If I thought that user-defined aggregates relying on array_cat were
really a thing (and not just a test case), I'd be more concerned about
this.  But it's hard to see why users shouldn't use array_agg() instead
of rolling their own.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1915573.1604879242%40sss.pgh.pa.us

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Declare assorted array functions using anycompatible not anyelem
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Declare assorted array functions using anycompatible not anyelem