Re: iso-8859-1 postgres ssl error "could not accept SSL connection: Success" and timeout

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: iso-8859-1 postgres ssl error "could not accept SSL connection: Success" and timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On May 4, 2023, at 4:16 AM, Holger Jakobs <holger@jakobs.com> wrote:

shared_buffers = 4GB temp_buffers = 8MB work_mem = 128MB maintenance_work_mem = 128MB dynamic_shared_memory_type = posix bgwriter_lru_maxpages = 0 effective_io_concurrency = 3 wal_level = hot_standby checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9 archive_mode = on archive_command = '/bin/true' archive_timeout = 300 max_standby_archive_delay = 21600 max_standby_streaming_delay = 21600

I should to update my openssl to see real error? How can i do that if i use ubuntu 18.04?

I am not sure what causes the problem, but some hints anyway:

max_connections = 10000
seems very high to me. In case you really have so many clients, consider using a connection pooler.

I would agree 10k connection seems excessive and the resource allocation doesn’t backup the use of that many connections.  I would assume lots of database stalls and memory contention for the shared buffer pool with only 4GB and anything approaching even a few thousand connections let alone 10k.

От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: iso-8859-1 postgres ssl error "could not accept SSL connection: Success" and timeout
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections