Re: Proposal: Early providing of PGDG repositories for the major Linux distributions like Fedora or Debian

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Proposal: Early providing of PGDG repositories for the major Linux distributions like Fedora or Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, 2024-04-24 at 11:02 +0000, Hans Buschmann wrote:
> Today (24.4.2024) I upgraded my laptop to Fedora 40, but there where
> no repository available, so I ended with a mix of Fedora 40 and Fedora
> 39 installation.

This was caused by an unexpected and very long network outage that
blocked my access to the build instances. I released packages last
Thursday (2 days after F40 was released, which is 26 April 2024)

I sent emails to the RPM mailing list about the issue:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/aec36aec623741ae314692b318c890c646498ca6.camel%40gunduz.org
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1fe99b0def5d7539939421fa5b35db2c8f2a40ad.camel%40gunduz.org
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3a1b0f58673d35fae9979ed2b149972195c7b8bc.camel%40gunduz.org

> To mitigate this situation, I propose to provide these repositories
> much earlier in the beta phase of the distributions:

This is what I do for the Fedora releases. I'm sure you've noticed that
in the past.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: HEAD build error on Fedora 39
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Support LIKE with nondeterministic collations