Fwd: Notice Processor hook

От adey
Тема Fwd: Notice Processor hook
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Below is an old message from Tom Lane regarding "Notice Processor hook". I have not been able to contact him to explain it, nor does it appear in the Postgresql.org archives. Would one of you be able to help me to implement this please? We are trying to obtain the output from a vacuum run by automated script.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: adey <adey11@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 14, 2006 8:51 AM
Subject: Notice Processor hook
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Hi Tom,
A colleague found this entry from yourself in thescripts.com:-

"Adam H.Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net> writes:[color=blue]
> When running a "VACUUM VERBOSE" query using PQsendQuery,
> PQconsumeInput, and PQisBusy, all the "INFO:" output from the "VACUUM
> VERBOSE" command is printed on the terminal, and is not available
> through the PGresult structure.[/color]

You could capture that output by setting up a notice processor hook
routine.

regards, tom lane

We are having similar problems - please could you tell me how to implement a "Notice Processor hook"?

Adrian

От: adey
Сообщение: Re: Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index
От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity showing non-existent processes