Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2020-07-06 at 15:59 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I agree that it's good to wait for actual problems. But the
> > challenge
> > is that we can't backport an added GUC.
> >

> Is it because we won't be able to edit existing postgresql.conf file
> or for some other reasons?

Perhaps "can't" was too strong of a word, but I think it would be
unprecedented to introduce a GUC in a minor version. It could be a
source of confusion.

If others think that adding a GUC in a minor version would be
acceptable, please let me know.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: 曾文旌
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)