Re: Deprecation

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Deprecation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So, while I do think it's something we should leave alone until it gets
> in the way, this is a sufficiently large value of "in the way" that I'm
> willing to talk about removing add_missing_from.  I'm just concerned
> about the impact of that, considering that an app that still depends on
> it came up as recently as yesterday.

8.4 is going to be supported for several years so they can document
it's the last version supported by the current version of OpenACS.

If they want the benefits from 8.5 and higher (for themselves or their
users), they'll do the work needed to remove the various bad practices
from their code.

Note that the removal of the implicit casts to text was far more
problematic for a lot of apps than add_missing_from=off - which is the
de facto standard for several years now.

And as you can see in
http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=2471518 , they did
the ground work to support the tsearch2 changes from contrib to core.
A friendly email to them explaining why it needs to be fixed in their
code should be sufficient (and it might be already fixed, btw).

--
Guillaume

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Getting the red out (of the buildfarm)
От: decibel
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] contrib/plantuner - enable PostgreSQL planner hints