Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 1/23/17 9:27 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> If you want my 2c on that, running with BLKSZ <> 8192 is playing with
> fire, or at least running with scissors.

I've never seen it myself, but I'm under the impression that it's not
unheard of for OLAP environments. Given how sensitive PG is to IO
latency a larger block size could theoretically mean a big performance
improvement in some scenarios.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
От: Gabriel Dodan
Сообщение: [PERFORM] performance contradiction