Re: should check collations when creating partitioned index

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: should check collations when creating partitioned index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14.11.23 17:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't love the patch details though.  It seems entirely wrong to check
> this before we check the opclass match.

Not sure why?  The order doesn't seem to matter?

> Also, in at least some cases
> the code presses on looking for another match if the current opclass
> doesn't match; you've broken such cases.

I see.  That means we shouldn't raise an error on a mismatch but just do

     if (key->partcollation[i] != collationIds[j])
         continue;

and then let the existing error under if (!found) complain.

I suppose we could move that into the

     if (get_opclass_opfamily_and_input_type(...))

block.  I'm not sure I see the difference.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Perhaps a possible new feature to a future PostgreSQL release
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log