Re: Port 5432 failed password authentication failed

От Ray O'Donnell
Тема Re: Port 5432 failed password authentication failed
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 05/09/2022 13:57, Rasiklal Limbani wrote:
> Dear support team
> I recently installed postgresql on my Mac operating system. After
> successful installation I was able to connect with the sever and all was
> working fine.
> Few days later I attempted to log in again, and as I had forgot my
> master password I did a reset password reset. This was successful, but
> now I find
> myself not able to log on to my server as this password is incorrect.

This is a PostgreSQL issue rather than a pgAdmin one - as the message
says, the password you are supplying for user "postgres" is incorrect.

As the PostgreSQL server is on your local Mac, you ought to be able to
change it easily. One way is to edit pg_hba.conf and set the appropriate
authentication mechanism to "trust", so that a password isn't required
at all.... you can then connect and set the password for the "postgres"
user:

     alter role postgres password 'your new password';

Don't forget to change the authentication mechanism in pg_hba.conf back
to what it was.

Hope this helps,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

От: Rasiklal Limbani
Сообщение: Port 5432 failed password authentication failed
От: Igor Olenev
Сообщение: Error