Re: file system and raid performance

От Fernando Ike
Тема Re: file system and raid performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Mark Wong <markwkm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
 Hi

> We've thrown together some results from simple i/o tests on Linux
> comparing various file systems, hardware and software raid with a
> little bit of volume management:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HP_ProLiant_DL380_G5_Tuning_Guide
>

> Any suggestions/comments/criticisms for what would be more relevant or
> interesting also appreciated.  We've started with Linux but we'd also
> like to hit some other OS's.  I'm assuming FreeBSD would be the other
> popular choice for the DL-380 that we're using.

   Would be interesting also tests with Ext4. Despite of don't
consider stable in kernel linux, on the case is possible because the
version kernel and assuming that is e2fsprogs is supported.

Regards,
--
Fernando Ike
http://www.midstorm.org/~fike/weblog

От: "Mark Wong"
Сообщение: Re: file system and raid performance
От: "Gregory S. Youngblood"
Сообщение: Re: file system and raid performance