Re: UPDATE keyword

От Rene Pijlman
Тема Re: UPDATE keyword
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ianh@healthdept.co.pierce.wa.us ("Ian Harding") schreef:
>UPDATE mytable SET myfield = myfield WHERE...
>to fire an update trigger, and executing only the code in that
>trigger surrounded by UPDATE(myfield).

So you update a field by not changing its value, to execute a piece of
code that has nothing to do with the field and the value :-)

>Is there an easy way to duplicate this, or should I work around it?

Isn't it easier (and more poratble) to add a dummy field to the table?
Then you can do:

   UPDATE mytable
   SET dummy = 1 - dummy
   WHERE ...

to execute the piece of code that responds to an update of 'dummy'.

Regards,
René Pijlman

http://www.applinet.nl

От: HYip
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL in Comparison to mySQL
От: mordicus
Сообщение: Re: Functional Indices