is multiple insert possible with posgress?

От sidster
Тема is multiple insert possible with posgress?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Greetings friends,

I've started to look at postgreSQL for a potential rdbms platform to
move our development to.  However, i have found one slight short-coming
thus far.

I seems that multiple inserts are not supported by postgres:

e.g.,
     INSERT INTO test VALUES (        'one', 1, 2, 3      ), (        'two', 2, 3, 4      ), (        .        .     --
youget the idea        .     -- now imagine a hundred or so of these     ), (        'ten', 10, 11, 12     );

will generate the following error:
     ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ","

Is this type of insert not supported at all?

I did a search through the mailing lists (namely pgsql-sql and
pgsql-general).  Admittedly the search wasn't exhaustive but i was
unable to 'hit' on any relevant topic.

Could someone please clarify whether or not multiple-inserts are planned
for a near-future release?  Pointers to documentation and/or
mailing-list discussions would be appreciated.

tia,

patrick
--
Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of
denying himself a pleasure.  -- Ambrose Bierce

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Johann Spies
Сообщение: sanity check fails
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: is multiple insert possible with posgress?