Re: Berkeley DB license terms (was Re: Proposal...)

От Michael A. Olson
Тема Re: Berkeley DB license terms (was Re: Proposal...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:52 AM 5/16/00 +1000, Chris Bitmead wrote:

> That's no different to GPL. One is always free to negotiate with the
> author a fee to not have to abide the standard licence. Out of
> curiousity, any reason you didn't just use the GPL as-is since it is the
> same idea?

Berkeley DB already carried the University of California copyright,
and we couldn't remove it or the conditions it imposed.  We'd have
preferred the GPL but we'd have had to craft a more complicated and
newer license the preserved the UC terms and the GNU terms.
                mike