RE: Berkeley DB license

От Michael A. Olson
Тема RE: Berkeley DB license
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:32 AM 5/17/00 -0700, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:

> But Mike Mascari raised up very interest issue about am I *allowed* to
> view the code at all. If we'll decide to continue with our own
> smgr+WAL I'll not be able to free my mind from what I've seen
> in SDB code. So..?

Berkeley DB implements a write-ahead log and two-phase locking using
well-known techniques from the literature (see, eg, Transaction
Processing by Gray et al).  Hell, I've seen the server code for
Teradata, Illustra, and Informix, and have managed to make a living
in the industry for fifteen years anyway.
                mike

От: "Mikheev, Vadim"
Сообщение: RE: Berkeley DB license
От: Jeff Hoffmann
Сообщение: question about index cost estimates