Re: question on update/delete rules on views

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: question on update/delete rules on views
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
BTW, do you have an equally sensible explanation of how the "where condition"  that is part of the rule syntax
differsfrom the where clause that comes after  the "do instead"?

I don't know what you mean by these two different where conditions.
To my understanding the only instance of a where condition in the rule
is in the "do" part.  Think of triggering the "do" part individually
for each view tuple to be updated.  If you wish to act on a table, you
must identify how the parts of the current tuple identify a tuple or
tuples in the target table.  That is the sole role of the "where"
condition in the "do" part of the rule.

Cheers,
Brook

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Kyle Bateman
Сообщение: Re: question on update/delete rules on views
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: question on update/delete rules on views