Re: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 12:39 PM 5/19/00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > > We have indexes on all system tables that need it.
> >
> > There isn't any fundamental reason why the planner can't be using an
> > index to scan pg_index; we just need to code it that way.  Right now
> > it's coded as a sequential scan.
>
> Eliminating the hard-coded seqscans of catalogs in the bowels of the
> system was the hardest part of the project.  As I said, it was good
> to do.  It made parsing and planning queries much, much faster.

All the sequential catalog scans that return one row are gone.  What has
not been done is adding indexes for scans returning more than one row.

Pennsylvania19026

От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: OO Patch
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: AW: question about index cost estimates