Re: SQL_TEXT (Re: Re: Big 7.1 open items)

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: SQL_TEXT (Re: Re: Big 7.1 open items)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think that "character set" and "character repertoire" are synonymous
> (at least I am interpreting them that way).

Is it? I think that a "character set" consists of a "character
repertoire" and a "form of use".

> SQL99 makes a slight
> distinction, in that "repertoire" is a "set" in a specific context of
> application.

I don't understand this probably due to my English ability. Can you
tell me where I can get SQL99 on line doc so that I could study it
more?

> While I'm thinking about it: afaict, if we have the ability to load
> multiple character sets simultaneously, we will want to have *one* of
> those mapped in as the "default character set" for an installation or
> database. So we might want to statically link that one in, while the
> others get loaded dynamically.

Right. While I am not sure we could statically link it, there could be
"default character set" in a installation or database. Also we could
have another "default character set" for NATIONAL CHARACTER. It seems
that those "default character set" are actually same acording to the
standard?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

От: Adriaan Joubert
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Re: Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!
От: Ryan Kirkpatrick
Сообщение: Re: Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!