Re: Which procedural language to use for functions.

От JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: Which procedural language to use for functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Saltsgaver, Scott wrote:
> Which procedural language is best for writing PostgreSQL functions:
> 'PL/pgSQL', 'PL/perl', or 'PL/Tcl'?
>
> I know that I can't do table creates in 'PL/pgSQL'?
>
> Is there an obvious choice as far speed and size?
   PL/Tcl has the advantage that it can do the table creates you   want.  OTOH if your frontend app is written in Perl,
it'snot   that   likely   that   one  of  the  app  programmers  easily   understands a function.

   I have no benchmarking  information  between  the  procedural   languages.   If  that's really an issue, write your
functions  and triggers in C.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jerome Alet
Сообщение: Re: GROUP by finish&&last day of month
От: Antti Linno
Сообщение: Aww, sorry (last day of month)