Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Joe Brenner
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well, just to throw another piece of information into the
mix, there is a new bug-tracking system under development by
the folks at collab.net.  They call it "scarab", and last I
talked to them that they thought it would be ready for
production use Real Soon Now:
  http://scarab.tigris.org/

I guess they regard this as a replacement for bugzilla.

Some personal opinions:

(1) I would actually like to see bugzilla fixed rather than
replaced.  The collab.net guys are into java servlets
because they're CS geeks who are down on perl.  Me, I'm a
perl loyalist who thinks that Larry Wall is onto something
-- mathematical elegance may not be the right standard to
judge a computer language.

(2) And maybe it'd be nice if the "religous wars" could be
dropped in favor of pure objective technical decision
making, but i don't think they can be: the social and the
technical don't neatly split into two little piles.  (A case
in point: the argument that using a mailing list for bug
control is somehow "warmer" or "more human" than a bug
database.

От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)